Remember me
Lost Password Register

Perham, Vergas, Detroit Lakes vis report
08-02-2004, 05:28 AM,
Perham, Vergas, Detroit Lakes vis report
Sorry haven't been updating much on our local conditions here. How about the rest of you divers in this area? Sat. Lake 6, bad for Lake 6. could barely see from one end of the pontoon to the other, cloudy. getting dark at the 30', and total black out (not the passing out kind Wink ) at 80'.
Sun. West McDonald - conditions near shore good to 10'+ from the surface for snorkeling, at the island vis was about 6-10' down to 25' or so. vis and light was still good at 42' west of the island and about 3' of vis.
Heard Paul Lake was good..but no ft. estimate.
Later,Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
08-02-2004, 08:48 AM,
Re:Perham, Vergas, Detroit Lakes vis report
Thanks for the update. Marion Lake 10 ' above the 'cline
and 15 below. West Battle Lake was 8 feet above & below.
Pickerel lake ( South of Pelican Rapids and Dent) is 15 feet above and I briefly saw 20 feet below.
Non-divers seem so,  well,  shallow.
08-09-2004, 06:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-09-2004, 06:39 AM by freedivernd.)
Hi, I had just a short time to go diving on Sunday afternoon but did drop down near the bottom of Little McDonald Lake. Vis is very good there.. I could see my line spool on the surface from -16', had fair light at -60 or so. This time I attached flash lights shinning upwards onto my drop line.. one 5' from the bottom and one 15' from the bottom (bottom was 87'), I could easily make out the bottom light (C4 zenon) and the 2nd to the bottom light (Q40) from about 10' above the Q40. I grabbed the bottom light, shinned it around but couldn't make out the bottom (or much else for that matter). It was not near as dark at -82' feet in little mac as it was last week at lake seven. Had good snorkeling in the shallows too.. found two fishing poles with reels..both in good shape.. one had an inexpensive light salt water reel.
08-21-2004, 01:43 AM,
Vis auction. going once, going twice....etc etc.

Pickerel down to 3 feet.
Marion down to 4 feet.
Please keep us posted on Mac. I have to stay dry this weekend and next, but come Sept, I'm ready for some clear water again! And if you dive pickerel for any reason, 6 year old nephew let go of an electric submarine...I think he wants it back...
Non-divers seem so,  well,  shallow.
08-21-2004, 06:30 AM,
My brother said mcdonald is good... almost 12' of vis at 20'. Surprised marion and pickeral are so poor as west mac is seeing definite improvement. except in temp. THERE WAS FROST ON THE GROUND HERE YESTERDAY MORNING!!! :o
bummer about the sub...