Remember me
Lost Password Register

Diving in Glacier National Park July 2009
07-15-2009, 12:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-15-2009, 04:39 PM by DetectorGuy.)
Re: Diving in Glacier National Park July 2009
Well I am headed to Glacier the day after tomorrow. 18 days of no phone, no TV, and most importantly, no work! I am bringing 10 tanks (and four lift bags just in case). We plan on stopping at Horse Thief Lake (in the shadow of Mount Rushmore the first day, Then we will stop into a small ghost town called Granite near Phillipsburg MT. Next stop will be Flathead Lake for a day and on to West Glacier to try Lake McDonald. From there we will go to Avalanche Creek for a day (probably wont dive in Avalanche Lake as it is a 2 mile hike). Then we will swing around the bottom of Glacier National Park and up to Two Medicine Lake and St. Marys Lake. We will head up to Upper Waterton Lake on the Canadian side (maybe check out the paddlewheeler at 66' deep). From there Banff and Jasper. I havent decided if I should cut across canada to Winnepeg and then down or take Northern Montana across to Willowston ND. There is a Sunken city in Fort Peck Resevoir and another one near Libby Montana that I wouldn't mind checking out on the way back. Here is a link to other sunken towns:

Messages In This Thread
Re: Diving in Glacier National Park July 2009 - by DetectorGuy - 07-15-2009, 12:02 PM