Remember me
Lost Password Register

Diving in Glacier National Park July 2009
03-19-2009, 05:09 PM,
Re: Diving in Glacier National Park July 2009
Did you have trouble bringing your tanks into Canada? I need to look into this. When I was a kid I went to Glacier Park in a RV with my folks. From there we went up to the Calgary Stampede in Alberta. We were going to go East from there and drop down through the top of Minnesota. Our travel plans changed slightly when we got to the Canadian border... My dad had a pistol in the RV and he needed to leave it at the border and pick it up on the way back home. This was back in the 70's when everyone carried a sidearm in the truck. Well we made it to Calgary, I saw a cool rodeo, got some autographs from some real cowboys, saw the Queen of England, and then I got to see Glacier Park again when we picked up the pistol. In this "post 9-11" era, I imagine they will want to inspect the insides of the tanks prior to entering Canada... Or I could just get some "Oxygen" stickers on my tanks, stick a small clear tube up my nose and wheeze alot at the border station. Lately I'm getting pretty good at looking old... We'll see.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Diving in Glacier National Park July 2009 - by DetectorGuy - 03-19-2009, 05:09 PM