Remember me
Lost Password Register

Diving in Glacier National Park July 2009
03-16-2009, 11:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-16-2009, 03:09 PM by DetectorGuy.)
Re: Diving in Glacier National Park July 2009
Since I posted this thread I read an article written by DAN about diving at altitude and flying/driving to a higher altitude after diving. They said that a typical commercial Jet pressurizes the cabin to an altitude of 2,000' - 8,000' even if the actual altitude of the jet is 30,000'. The no fly time after any dive would also relate very much in the same way of driving to an elevation of 2,000' higher than the dive site. The one tank at recreational limits would require a minimum of 12 hours "no fly time". Repetitive dives at recreational limits would require at a minimum 18 hours of "no fly time". Any deco dive (whether planned or not) would require 24 to 48 hours of "no fly time". The rules about "no fly time" were conveluted in my mind until reading this. Through the basic open water certification we all learned that one should not drive to a higher elevation after diving (or fly for that matter), it never dawned on me that 2,000' was that invisible threshold that the "no fly time" was based on. The article was an eye opener.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Diving in Glacier National Park July 2009 - by DetectorGuy - 03-16-2009, 11:55 AM