MNScuba.com
what to do when mother in law moves in - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: what to do when mother in law moves in (/showthread.php?tid=5736)

what to do when mother in law moves in - popolarbear - 03-27-2012

what to do when mother in law moves in? my mother in law informed me that shes moving in with us for the day.  now suddenly im instructed to move all my dive gear out  of the main walk ways and stuff my gear downstairs etc. I dont want to... and have a temporary clean up.
.she doesn't get it, that if we wanted her to visit we would have asked.

what can i do to make it uncomfortable for her to the point she won't do it again or better yet will walk out.

sss

Re: what to do when mother in law moves in - popolarbear - 03-27-2012

ohh so far my best idea is to walk around nude with my.....(sensored)...in hand

Re: what to do when mother in law moves in - freedivernd - 03-27-2012

Get her to read mnscuba.com.

Re: what to do when mother in law moves in - tullibee - 03-27-2012

just make sure you know that she won't LIKE this before you try it! Wink
(that might make the wife leave instead of MIL...)

Re: what to do when mother in law moves in - scubafreek864 - 03-27-2012

Tell her that the garage is where she is going to be staying, and chuck her stuff out in it!  >Big Grin  ;D

Re: what to do when mother in law moves in - Terry - 03-28-2012

Fortunately, I dont need to worry about this, but my advice would be to learn to love your MIL, because thats your best bet as to what the little woman will become 25 years from now, so you married guys get on that now.        Trinity

Re: what to do when mother in law moves in - mermaid - 03-29-2012

Why am I not shocked???  :o

Hey Stef,

You and your wife just keep doing what you want whether your MIL likes it or not.  Don't want to move your stuff???  Don't.  MIL complains, tell her that neither of you asked her to visit OR move in.  (of course you'll want to make sure your wife will support you on this, or walking around nude with your..um..joy stick in hand may be the only attention it gets.)     

Re: what to do when mother in law moves in - popolarbear - 03-30-2012

well survived the visit. actually worked out nicely. had a nice visit,and she left without anything exciting. as to the joy stick... looking at my new boat, i lost all reality, i laughed and the wife had to yell at me. i was having an affair with my new boat. or at least in my mind. man i love her(the new boat).. i can feel the love. just got to name her. ...

Re: what to do when mother in law moves in - scubafreek864 - 03-30-2012

well survived the visit. actually worked out nicely. had a nice visit,and she left without anything exciting. as to the joy stick... looking at my new boat, i lost all reality, i laughed and the wife had to yell at me. i was having an affair with my new boat. or at least in my mind. man i love her(the new boat).. i can feel the love. just got to name her. ...
[/quote]

Stephan,

I just don't want to see you on that new reality show "my strange addiction", kissing and making out with your boat!  ;D  :o