MNScuba.com
Pro Ear - Printable Version

+- MNScuba.com (http://www.mnscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Pro Ear (/showthread.php?tid=2194)

Pro Ear - Art - 06-27-2005

Has anyone had any experience with the Pro Ear mask?  Been out of diving since Mem. Day due to ear problem and was considering giving it a try.  Let me know what you know..

Re: Pro Ear - tpscuba - 06-27-2005

Haven't on that but if you are looking to keep your ears dry I have a pair of ear plugs that I have taken to 60 feet and they allow you to clear

Re: Pro Ear - LKunze - 06-27-2005

Here is a link to the vented ear plugs for diving.  I haven't used them but I've heard they work. 

Re: Pro Ear - Art - 06-28-2005

Thanks for info and web link.  I think I will give this a try first.  I'll keep you posted once I use them

Re: Pro Ear - Art - 07-25-2005

Just an update here:  I bought the Pro Ear mask and hood.  Did a dive in the pool to get aquainted with it.  It does keep the water out and equalizing was easy.  At first its a fight to get everything situated.  The hood is two piece and I noticed I kepts getting air build up between the layers.  It got me back to diving sooner than expected.  Now to start diving deeper to due more tests with it.

Re: Pro Ear - Art - 08-03-2005

Update for anyone intrested.  Have done over two hours of diving with this mask and the hood.  Works Great keeping ears dry.  Only problem I found is that the hood that is designed for this mask tends to collect air when you exhale.  If you are neutrally boyuant it builds up enough to give you a little lift.  To remedy this from time to time I just do about a quarter roll to vent it off.  Can't wait until the ears are better though so I can go back to what I am used too.

Re: Pro Ear - WeatherPaparazzi - 09-12-2006

Art,

I have the same mask and hood setup and found that it collects air big time but it is really great at keeping my ears dry.  I don't have any ear problems and I want to keep it that way.  A buddy of mine in Florida who got me into diving showed me the mask and I figure I would be safe then sorry. 

When people see it, I just tell them it is an MP3 player and they think I'm for real at first. 

All in all, the mask is great.  It keeps a nice seal on my face and ears.  It is strange how much you can hear underwater with that mask.